Saturday 12 July 2014

31 Day Photo Challenge - Sunset - Day 12

Today was a lovely day. This morning, I snuggled with Nutmeg, played with her, and then took for a walk before the heat and humidity set it in.

Next I spent a better part of the day with my friends, Vicki and Pam and it was a great afternoon.  We went on a little adventure on our way to the Capital Pop Up craft sale that supports local bakers, artisans and vendors. Next, we went to the Art Is In Bakery for lunch and they had so many options to choose from.  I ordered half of a AAA sirloin steak sandwich with a garden salad.  It was juicy and delicious.  I also bought a small loaf of walnut and fig sourdough bread.  I can't wait to try it tomorrow morning for breakfast.

After lunch we went to Mountain Equipment Co-op (MEC) to peruse the store and buy some things.  Did you know they now sell standup paddle boards (SUP)?!  They even have a couple that are inflatable, which would be awesome to own.  Vicki and I decided to start saving our pennies to buy one.  I looked at pannier bags for my bike because I need some new small ones, but didn't really want to spend the money for 2 plain, but utilitarian ones. I saw some other panniers that were very pretty and came with a strap to wear over your shoulder or cross-body for ease of shopping.  I did buy some hooks, D rings and nylon webbing straps for a possible solution to clip onto Nutmeg's harness and onto the D rings inside her bike trailer, so she can't escape.


My Fuji bike 

After out excursions, I went home to relax and spend more time with Nutmeg before I head out for today's photo challenge, which is "Sunset".  I had to make a detour to Vicki's before my photo hunting because she accidentally took the case for my sunglasses.  She tried to take my lipgloss this afternoon, but I saw it table and put it away.  Sometimes if she's at my place before we go out she will snag the lip gloss, and then haul it and apply it when we are out somewhere.  Vicki does this to get a rile out of me.

I biked along the river after leaving her place and first stopped at the Look Out on the Ottawa River that looks out to Gatineau, Quebec on the other side of the river.  I took some pictures, but it wasn't the best setting at that time, next I biked through Rockcliffe Park, and then to Rideau Falls to get my sunset picture.


Rideau Falls (East Dam) - Ottawa, Ontario

A picture of me on top of the Rideau Falls
Tonight was not the best night for sunset pictures because the sun was small and mostly hidden behind clouds.  I remember when my friend Pam and I went to Georgian Bay for a kayaking trip and the sunsets there were spectacular.  The colours were so vivid and the sky was wide open.  It was beautiful.  I would show you a picture, but those pictures aren't digitized.  One day I will take all my negatives and have them digitized.

I took a bunch of pictures of tonight's sunset, and then played with the settings such as the temperature, tint, contrast, and saturation on my computer.  This was my favourite sunset picture of the night. 

31 Day Photo Challenge - Day 12 - Sunset (final picture)

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Great pics today Trixster! Love the one of you!

Trixie said...

Vicki,

Thank you! I'm getting better at taking selfies. :-)