Tuesday 8 July 2014

31 Day Photo Challenge - Routine - Day 8

Before I get to today's challenge, I want to step back to 5 years ago today (July 8, 2009), when I experienced one of the most greatest, exhilariting moments of my life.  After Vicki and I spent time hiking around Mont Blanc and Chamonix, I went paragliding (you can read about it here) and it was amazing.  I wanted to do it again right away, and jump off even a higher mountain.  However, I really couldn't afford it at the time and did not want to justify spending the extra money for it.  Now I kick myself for not going ahead and trying it again.  How often do you get this opportunity?  Especially, when you come back and find out that your sister left you money in your apartment.  Take a look at the pictures below.  I hope to do this again one day.




Today's photo challenge is "routine" and there are so many parts of my day that are routine, how do you choose from just one?  I went back to work today after my mini-vacation and it was really difficult to wake up early this morning.  I was cursing myself for not taking more time off from work. Part of my morning routine, is to get up; take Nutmeg outside; eat breakfast and check my email, Facebook and Instagram; get ready for work; pack up my lunch and stuff for the day; take Nutmeg for a walk; and leave for work.

Nutmeg always gets 1 and 1/2 cup of food for breakfast and supper.  She also got 2 blueberries with her meal.  Every morning I have the same thing for breakfast ... actually I sometimes have corn puffs for cereal, but this is rare.  My breakfast is pretty plain jane and consists a small cup of Red Rose black tea with Natur-a's un-sweetened soy milk; Nature's Path Organic Rice Puffs (brown rice and sugar free) with Almond Breeze's original un-sweetened milk topped with blueberries, raspberries and strawberries; and sliced salami of some kind for protein.  Today's salami was some of the hot Hungarian salami I bought last week in the Byward Market.

Nutmeg does one of two things while I eat my breakfast, sits and stares at me, hoping I will give her something, or drops the pink ball at my feet and wants me to play with her.

Here's a picture of Nutmeg staring at me this morning for my brekkie.

Please share your breakfast with me.
Here's a picture of my breakfast. Sorry, it's not very exciting, but it captures my morning routine.

31 Day Photo Challenge - Day 8 - Routine - my breakfast (final picture)

No comments: