Wednesday 16 July 2014

31 Day Photo Challenge - A Good Habit - Day 16

Today's photo challenge is a "A Good Habit".  A good habit can be so many things ... walking your dog, make your bed, do the dishes before you leave in the morning, brush your teeth at least twice a day, floss every day, eat well, exercise, read, watch less TV, drink plenty of water, spend time with friends, be positive, and the list goes on and on.

I had supper with my mom this evening and we were to meet at my place for 5:00 pm.  I was a little late getting home and when I did there was no mom or Nutmeg.  My mom took Nutmeg for a walk around my crescent and I met them outside and snapped a couple pictures of them walking towards me.  We went down by the river and walked along it for a bit then made our way back home and I took a few more pictures along the way.


Me and Nutmeg

I like this picture because both my mom and Nutmeg are not aware of the camera, and I caught my mom glancing to the side and smiling, and Nutmeg is looking in the other direction with a very weird look on her face.  This picture is also a good representation of today's challenge for it's a good habit to get exercise by any means necessary whether it's biking, running, yoga, cross fit, skiing, canoeing, walking, etc.  Exercise is beneficial for your health physically and mentally.

Since I live in an apartment, I need to take Nutmeg outside for walks at least a couple of times a day.   She's a great motivator to get me outside and enjoy the fresh air.  It's a good habit to take your dog for walks because it encourages bonding between you and your dog, you and your dog get to interact with other humans and pets along the way, you both get exercise, and you are both happier.  It's a win-win situation for everyone.

Now get off that couch and go for walk.

31 Day Photo Challenge - Day 16 - A Good Habit (final picture)

No comments: