Friday 11 July 2014

31 Day Photo Challenge - Something Blue - Day 11

Last evening as I was leaving to go out for supper with my parents, I picked up my Ray Bans to put them on and noticed a gigantic crack right through the left lens.  I loved these sunglasses and wore them all the time for the past 4 years.  Four years ago, I went to Vancouver to visit friends and to go skiing in Whistler.  It was a fabulous visit and great skiing.  While I was at the Vancouver airport waiting for my first of two flights home, I walked by the Sunglass Hut and noticed these Ray Bans with two-toned orange frames and it was love at first sight.  I didn't buy them because I didn't want to spend the money.  I arrived in Toronto and walked around the airport while waiting for my flight to Ottawa and I saw them again. I admired them and tried them on, but still didn't buy them.

Broken 2-toned Orange Ray Ban Aviators

One or two days after my return to Ottawa, I had a terrible day at work, then I wiped out on my bike ride and bruised the entire side of my thigh and butt, and when I got home I noticed a racoon got into my garbage can and garbage was everywhere.  After that day from hell, I said, "That's it!  I'm going to buy those sunglasses."  They have been a great pair of sunglasses and the perfect size of aviators for my face.

Last night after supper, my parents and I went to the mall and I tried on tons of sun glasses.  I had it narrowed down to 3 pairs and took pictures to get my friend Vicki's opinion.  The top 2 pairs were for fun and for these two pairs, Vicki commented "Oh Hell No", and "You look bat shit crazy". Ha ha!  I love trying on sunglasses and hats.

Trying on various pair of sun glasses

I chose the Ralph Aviators with polarized lens by Ralph Lauren.

Selfie wearing Ralph Aviators

Back to today's photo challenge, which is "Something Blue". I thought of taking a picture of the sky on my bike ride home from work.  The sky was a perfect shade of cornflower blue with big, puffy, cotton white cumulous clouds.  I mentioned my photo challenge to my neighbour as she was petting and scratching Nutmeg and told her I was considering taking a picture of the sky for today's challenge.  She advised against taking this picture because the colour wouldn't come out real blue at that time of the day.  She suggested taking a picture of my blue recycling box, but I didn't want to take a picture of that.  Don't worry, I thought of something blue.

31 Day Photo Challenge - Something Blue - Blue Flip Flops

The first thing to show you is my flip flops in blue.  I have many pairs of flips flops and in various colours and support.  I love wearing them in the summer and changing them up.  They are so easy to slip on and head out the door.  I wish I could wear them all the time.  Now I have a problem.  I don't have a closet anywhere near the door in the kitchen.  All of my shoes and coats and are kept in the spare bedroom closet.  Now I didn't want to have a pile of flip flops by the door and was looking for a storage solution.  I came up with the idea of using a metal pail to store them and it would keep the area tidy.  I told my mom this and she found this cobalt blue pail with a lid and it works perfectly in my kitchen.

31 Day Photo Challenge - Something Blue - A pail of flip flops

Here's my final picture of my "Something Blue" with a lid.  You can use anything for a storage solution, you just need to be a little creative.

31 Day Photo Challenge - Day 11 - Something Blue (final picture)




 



 

No comments: