Monday 14 July 2014

31 Day Photo Challenge - Eyes - Day 14

Today's photo challenge is "Eyes". This challenge reminds me of one my favourite songs, Green Eyes by Coldplay from their A Rush Of Blood To The Head album.  This is one of their best albums because it had great songs and I loved Green Eyes, Clocks, Fix You, and Scientist.  I listened to this album so many times.  I've liked Coldplay ever since Yellow came out and before it was a big hit.

The first time I saw them live was in 2005 when they performed in Montreal.  No one wanted to go with me so I went by myself.  I don't remember if I took a train or bus to Montreal, but I remember following people to the Bell Centre and being really excited to see them and hear my favourite tunes.  They are fantastic live.  Once the show was done, I caught a bus back to Ottawa, then cabbed it home. I think I got in around 3:30-4:00 am and if my memory is correct, I went to work the next morning.  How did I do that?

The next time I saw them perform was in Ottawa and I went with my friend Vicki.  I remember giant yellow balls being thrown in to the crowd and pretty paper cut outs in the shape of hearts and flowers floating down.  It was wonderful.   It was at this concert that Chris Martin reminded me of Schroeder from Peanuts when he plays the piano.  He's bent over the piano keys and rocks back and forth on his bench.  I wonder if he's ever fallen backwards while playing the piano.

The last time I saw Coldplay perform was in Montreal with my friend Nina.  Her brother got some incredible tickets and we were row D from the stage.  Chris Martin was so close to me.



Everyone was given a bracelet as we entered the Bell Centre and they would automatically lit up during certain points of the concert.

 

I remember looking over at Nina and shouting, "this is so magical".  It truly was a magical concert.  If you ever get the chance, go see Coldplay in concert.  I promise you won't be disappointed.

Now back to my photo challenge for today.  I don't know about you, but I always see amazing, beautiful pictures of faces and eyes.  Not sure how people/photographers get these wonderful pictures, perhaps it's the tools they use, such as the camera, lenses, filters, and light.  I did a Google search today and once again the recommendations were to use a DSLR camera, a macro lens, natural light or a macro lens light.  Another recommendation if you don't have a DSLR camera is to take a portrait picture, then zoom/crop to the eyes.  Apparently, the suggestion for this is that if you zoom into the eyes first and take a picture, the eyes will turn out blurry.

This morning I asked one of my co-workers who used to do photography for advice.  I saw his eyes light up and the wheels turning as he started asking what colour of eyes and I replied, "mine, or maybe Nina's", and then he was talking about filters, lenses, and lights.  Then I hit him with the big news, I will be using a point-and-shoot camera.  The excitement drained from his face, and he said "a point-and-shoot camera?"  It was kinda funny.  He said he would get back to me, but he never did.

I took this picture of myself before I left work for the day.


My portrait picture to use for eyes.
I duplicated my portrait picture, then cropped the picture to my eyes.  I tried adjusting the photo using iPhoto's settings (it's my only photo processing tool), but it only changed my skin colour, it didn't enhance my eyes. 

31 Day Photo Challenge - Day 14 - Eyes (final picture)

No comments: