Thursday 7 July 2011

Hangin' at the Cottage

My boyfriend worked yesterday on cleaning out the fire pit and recreating a new pit.  Presumably, one of the neighbours burnt glass and other stuff in the fire because there was a bunch nails and broken glass in the pit.  I helped some with raking and pulling the broken wheelbarrow (no tube in the tire) to empty the cold ashes.  We went for a much needed and deserving swim after all our hard work.

I sat out on the deck this morning and felt the warm sun beat on my face while I drank tea, ate my breakfast and read my book.  I'm currently reading One Day by David Nicholls and it's a great summer read. It covers a friendship over twenty years and the chapters flow into another.  I'll probably finish it tonight or tomorrow morning.  My boyfriend and I went for a bike ride today.  It was hotter on the asphalt and there was a strong cross wind and head wind.  We stopped a store for water and a drumstick.  We stopped along the way to take some pictures of farm, lupins and of the water near the fish plant.  We came back to the cottage put the bikes away and put on our swimsuits for a swim.  The sand was hot on my bare feet and ran to the water to cool my feet before I put down my towel.  The water was so refreshing and warm.  I love the feel of sand sinking underneath my footsteps.  I floated around in the water on my back and stared at the cumulus clouds and blue sky for a little while.  We spent the rest of the day reading some more.










No comments: