Tuesday 5 July 2011

A Day in Summerside, PEI

My boyfriend and I decided to head out and wander around Summerside today.  We took the scenic drive, which is a bit longer, along the water to Summerside, PEI. It was a pretty drive with views of the water, green landscape and seeing different coloured houses, such as purple or blue with white trim.  I really like seeing the houses in a variety of colours.  It looks so warm and welcoming.

We went to Spinnakers' Landing, a district of shops at the waterfront.  It's very cute! We wondered in and out of the shops.  I thought of buying salt water taffy for home but figured I should wait because I would eat within the next two weeks.  I did buy some nice smelling soap.  After we walked up and down Summerside's main street (Water St) - the whole two blocks of it.  We also did some shopping on Granville Street.



After all of our shopping, or I should say my boyfriend's shopping [;-)] we went to Gentleman Jim's for supper.  We asked our waiter what the best dishes were and I had the fisherman's platter (salmon, scallops, shrimp, rice, green beans & carrots and garlic bread) and my boyfriend had the Big Daddy's Steak (steak, green beans & carrots and garlic bread).  Dessert was strawberry shortcake for me and NY cheesecake with cherry sauce for him.  It was an excellent meal and for a great price.





The sun started to set on our drive back to the cottage and we returned to a view of pink and purple sunset.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What kind of local beer have you had?? :)

Anonymous said...

We were their yesterday tosee Anne and Gilbert. Enjoyable.

Trixie said...

I tried Clancy's Amber Ale, but I'm not sure if it's PEI or NB beer.

Anonymous said...

Gahan House in Charlottetown... try the "Christmas Ale". It's divine :)

Trixie said...

Please tell Miss C that we have not been to any Ceilidh's, Miss C's namesake. There appears to be plenty of them throughout PEI.