Friday 8 July 2011

Driving to North Cape

I have had complaints about not referring to my boyfriend by his given name, which I will do in this post.  Tough crowd!  :-)

So, Adam and I drove to North Cape to see the Wind Farm.  There are about 50 wind turbines in this area and on a clear day we can see them from our beach shore.  They are tall, sleek and shiny white.  The blades were turning slowly today.  They appear to be more spread out than the wind turbines on Wolfe Island, Ontario.  There are so many on Wolfe Island in a small condensed area. 




On our way there we stopped at MacDonald Shore Diner for lunch.  I wanted to try something different so I selected two to choose from, scallop burger or the clam burger.  I went with the scallop burger (toasted bun & tartar sauce) and french fries with gravy.   Adam ordered the fries with the works (ground beef, peas, gravy and shredded cheese).  The two ladies who worked at the diner were very friendly and efficient.  The diner is popular with the locals as people kept coming in and ordering take-out.  After my lunch I ordered an ice cream with one scoop each of Island Fantasy and Almond Toffee something or other.  The Island Fantasy was a bit of let down, it was just vanilla and chocolate stuff.




2 comments:

Ryan_R said...

How come it seems all the good food is found while travelling!?

Trixie said...

There's good food everywhere, you just need to explore and try new things or find out what's the best dishes in your hometown.