Tuesday 4 January 2011

Misery in Madrid


Today was spent in bed or in the washroom. It started at 4:00 am this morning with stomach cramps and a visit to the washroom. We took turns running to the bathroom throughout the day followed by collapsing in bed and trying to sleep. I had chills then sweating this morning and Nina didn't have those symptoms. We each took my last Gravol at 6:00 am and I think it helped some. At some point today I went to a nearby store and bought us Powerade and digestive cookies/crackers. Nina and I were thinking it was our 10:00pm meal last night and maybe the meat wasn't cooked all the way because it appeared they were closing soon, but Pam commented on my Facebook status and said she and Vicki didn't feel well yesterday. So maybe we have some weird flu bug.

Nina and I are glad this didn't happen in Morocco with their minuscule rolls of toilet paper or on a travel day. That would be another horror story altogether. We are watching TV and trying to muster up the energy to find some toast or rice nearby.

We'll try and see the Museo del Prado tomorrow morning before we leave for Barcelona.

8 comments:

dalias said...

Feel better. If its any consolation the weather sucks here in Ottawa.

Adam said...

What are you talking about, the weather is nice. :-p The streets are dry, it's not too cold and it was lightly snowing. It's great winter weather.

I hope you feel better soon Tracy. You two take care of each other. I'm glad you're able to stay in one place while you feel this way too. The travel day comment at the end cracked me up. :-p

Anonymous said...

My word Trix! Don't eat digestive cookies! They make you poo! I once ate a whole roll of them in Portugal and spent the whole day on the loo!
Vicki

Trixie said...

We ate less than 1/4 of the package. It did make feel better (or go to the bathroom less frequently) yesterday evening and last night. I think Nina is mostly better today. I still get painful cramps followed with trips to the loo. I think I have a fever today because I've been dying of heat all day and last night I dreamt of going to my sister Shelley's place and I was excited she had air conditioning.

Anonymous said...

A friend of mine who travels quite a bit once told me that he used cumin seeds to settle his stomach. He put a small amount in his mouth and crushed them into a paste that he kept between his cheek and his gum a little while then he spit it out. If you can, check it out, it might help you.

Fred

Trixie said...

Thanks for the advice, Uncle Fred, but seeing as we cumin seeds readily available, we'll have to pass on this remedy. Hoping the worse has passed.

Anonymous said...

Worst
:-)

Trixie said...

Darn it! I wrote 'worst' first but thought it looked funny and changed it.

Note to self: Go with your first choice.