Sunday 18 April 2010

Better Conditions

Wow, the sun came out today and it really made a difference on the slopes. This morning we went on the same runs as yesterday and despite the name of the chairlifts being the same, the runs were completely different. I kept asking Jay, "are you sure we skied down this run yesterday?" to which he replied over and over again "yes, it's the same run". Yesterday, the conditions were horrible, wet, and foggy with no visibility. We couldn't see our surroundings whatsoever. Today, we can see clear across the valley and mountain tops. Both days provided two completely different experiences. It's very beautiful to see mointaintops covered with snow and ski within a bit of gladed areas with pine trees.


Yesterday afternoon my bum knee started bothering me and I iced it last night before bed and it helped, but around lunch time today the pain started to flare up, again. After lunch today we took the Peak2Peak gondola to Blackcomb and as soon as I got on the run that was it for my knee it. I met up with Jay & Saleem and told them I was heading back down to Whistler. That easy run down to the Excalibur gondola, which takes you back to the village, was very flat and easy and provided stunning scenery.  Now I'm in the Dubh Linn Gate pub for an après ski Guinness and waiting for the boys who should be here shortly.

No comments: