Friday 31 December 2010

Soaking up the Rays in Essaouira


About ten minutes after we left the hotel, we walked into a shop and I negotiated for four leather duffle bags for the girls. I negotiated the price down to 400 MAD each, which is about $50 CAD.
Then we walked back to the wood place where Alanna bought a table for her place. She wanted to get her receipt and their business card because it's being made for her and will be shipped to her place. We went next door to the silver place; Vicki and Pam bought some items. I bought a pair of purple Converse shoes for $14 CAD.


We bought chicken shawarmas for lunch and walked towards the beach and sat there soaking up the rays. A man came up to us and tried to sell us jewelry. He told me I was a 90 and I asked him what he meant and he said from my waist down I was shaped like an onion. He liked my hips he then offered 2,000 camels for me. I told him to go away.


We walked back to the square and I bought chocolate and banana crepe. It was delicious.
Now we're at the hotel waiting for the rest if the group to return, so we can take a 3 hour bus ride to Marrakech.

1 comment:

xine said...

I think you could have easily talked him up to 3000 camels. You're worth it, baby.

xine