Tuesday 24 November 2015

Pork Vegetable Stir-fry


Have a half our? Is so, then you can make a stirfry for supper.

Today was a long day and it took me forever to get home by public transit. I didn't feel like cooking supper and it would have been easy to cave and get takeout, but decided I would make supper. My goal was to make something healthy and fast.

Last night I took a package of 3 boneless pork chops out of the freezer and put it in the fridge for tonight's supper. There was no recipe in mind for supper.

As I started cooking the pork chops in the frying pan over medium heat, I went through my crisper and took out vegetables and started chopping. You can add any vegetables you want and as much as you want. Maybe add a little bit of broccoli, celery, and carrots in with your dog's supper. Add mushrooms and spinach close to the end of cooking. Because I wasn't thinking ahead I forgot to cut up an onion and crush garlic cloves for this dish, so it's always great to have onion powder and garlic powder on hand.



Ingredients:
• 3 boneless pork chops (or any meat or tofu)
• 1 large carrot, sliced
• 1 stalk of celery, sliced
• broccoli
• green beans, ends trimmed and cut into pieces
• 3 large white mushrooms, sliced
• 10 grape tomatoes, sliced in half
• 2 large handfuls of baby spinach, torn
• Ground black pepper
• Herbamare, sodium-free
• Paprika
• Crushed chili pepper flakes
• Onion powder, you can add chopped onion 
• Garlic powder, you can add crushed fresh garlic
• Added a bit of leftover vegetable broth
• Added a bit of light Tamari

I split this recipe in 2 dishes and saved one of them for a lunch. You could split it between more people if you add rice or cauliflower rice to the stirfry. I didn't feel like waiting for the rice to cook and didn't want to thaw frozen cauliflower rice. This was my lazy part of the meal preparation.

Enjoy! What's your favourite part of a stirfry?



No comments: